Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf SHARE Email Facebook Twitter BLOG: MAP: A Look at the Wolf Administration’s Opioid Epidemic Outreach Public Health, Substance Use Disorder, The Blog Over the past few months, Governor Wolf, Physician General Dr. Rachel Levine, and other members of the Wolf Administration, have made 27 stops to discuss the importance of battling the opioid abuse and heroin use epidemic in Pennsylvania and to advocate for $34 million to fight the opioid crisis in the final budget.Take a look at the map of their stops here:In 2014, nearly 2,500 Pennsylvanians died from a drug overdose. Heroin and opioid overdose are the leading cause of accidental death in Pennsylvania, killing more individuals each year than motor vehicle accidents.Governor Wolf and other members of his administration, including Secretary Tennis, Dr. Levine, Secretary Wetzel, Secretary Dallas, and Director of Homeland Security Marcus Brown, have held bipartisan roundtables throughout the state to discuss local and statewide efforts to lead the nation in combating the opioid abuse and heroin use epidemic. Fighting Pennsylvania’s opioid and heroin epidemic is a top priority for the Wolf Administration and these events have been an opportunity to work collaboratively with the General Assembly and community leaders to ensure that Pennsylvania leads the nation in the fight to combat the opioid abuse and heroin use crisis.In addition to the governor’s community roundtables, Dr. Levine has been stopping at pharmacies in order to remind Pennsylvania residents and pharmacists that a doctor’s prescription is not needed to obtain the life-saving opioid overdose antidote drug naloxone. Last October, Dr. Levine signed a standing order that makes it possible for all Pennsylvania residents to access the life-saving drug naloxone. June 21, 2016 By: Darwin Paz, Digital Assistant
Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has finally disclosed what he did in the aftermath of his sending off during the North London side’s 2-1 loss to Spanish giants Barcelona in the 2006 UEFA Champions League (UCL) final.Lehmann was given his marching orders in the 18th minute and that eventually had a huge impact on Arsenal’s output as their 10 men failed to hold on against Frank Rijkaard despite taking the lead through Sol Campbell.The former Germany international goalkeeper revealed details of what he did after his sending off in his new autobiography ‘The Madness is on the Pitch’. Lehmann wrote:“Four minutes past nine, the infamous moment had come: Ronaldinho played his pass, Eto’o began to run, Lehmann grasped, [referee Terje] Hauge blew his whistle.“Following the dismissal, I slunk into the dressing room to put on a clean shirt. What was I to do now? For a few minutes, I sat around, irresolute, before climbing up the steps to the stands.“I bumped into Sir Alex Ferguson, who stared at me wide-eyed, as if he had seen Lucifer himself. ‘Bad luck,’ I said with a shrug, continuing on my way.“When I had eventually found a seat, I was joined by Lasse and Mats [his children], who had been sitting with my wife and brother. I pulled them onto my lap and finally began to tear up.“There is no apt description nor any solace for this moment, in which all aims, hopes and ambition of the previous months disappear in a black hole of disappointment.“I suspected I would never again be part of a Champions League final but did not let the thought get to me at all.” he further added.RelatedArsenal Confirms Jens Lehmann ReturnJuly 18, 2017In “England””Scared” Gattuso On The Brink After Napoli Lose 3rd Straight GameJanuary 19, 2020In “Italy”BREAKING: Petr Cech Announces RetirementJanuary 15, 2019In “England”
Judge missed 54 games earlier this season with an oblique strain, so as manager Aaron Boone said, it may just be “a matter of time before he gets it going.”“It’s a tough couple of weeks,” Boone admitted. “This game is hard. He’s not a good [player], he’s a great player. One of the game’s best and it’s just a couple of weeks he hasn’t been locked in. The Yankees are winning games, but it’s been in spite of Aaron Judge.The Bronx Bomber is 12-for-76 in his last 20 games with just one home run and four RBIs. After an 0-for-4 day that included three strikeouts Wednesday, Judge described his recent struggles perfectly: “It stinks.” MLB rumors: Much-maligned pitcher Matt Harvey to sign with Athletics Indians’ Yasiel Puig becomes U.S. citizen on last day of three-game suspension “It’s just baseball,’’ Judge said after a 6-5 win over the Orioles (via the New York Post). “Sometimes hits fall and sometimes they don’t and you hit it hard right at people.”Judge added: “You want to help out your team any time you can. Whenever you go out there and don’t produce, it’s tough. I keep doing my job and play good defense and try to get something going at the plate. The most important thing is winning. If I go 0-for-3 and we keep winning, I think we’ll be fine.” Related News “I still contend it will be a matter of time before he gets it rolling and we’ll hop on his back and he’ll go through a stretch where he’ll really carry us.”Judge is slashing .263/.388/.454 with 12 homers and 32 RBIs in the 66 games he’s played, which certainly is respectable. And like the 27-year-old said — the Yankees are winning games despite his cold bat as they’re 15-6 since Judge’s slump started July 25 against the Red Sox.The Yankees (81-41) are a cushy 10 games ahead of the Rays in the AL East and 2 1/2 games ahead of the Astros for the best record in the American League.
#RedSox Medical Update on Chris Sale: pic.twitter.com/E8pWMw5y8f— Red Sox (@RedSox) August 19, 2019Sale has had a rough season and has posted a 6-11 record and a career-high 4.40 ERA. He’s allowed 24 home runs in 147 1/3 innings, which is a far cry from his 2018 campaign. Even though he was hurt last season with a shoulder injury, he still had a 2.11 ERA and helped lead the Red Sox to the World Series. Related News Sale will be shut down from throwing for “a period” of time and will be re-evaluated in six weeks, which could end his season. Chris Sale received some mixed news about his injured arm.The Red Sox pitcher likely won’t need Tommy John surgery after he visited Dr. James Andrews for a second opinion. But, he was diagnosed with inflammation in his left elbow and underwent a platelet-rich plasma injection, the team announced Monday. MLB wrap: Zack Greinke gets 200th career win as Astros top A’s Yankees adopt Brett Gardner’s dugout antics for new celebration The injury comes months after Sale signed an extension that starts in 2020, which is for five years and worth $145 million. He will be paid a base salary of $15 million this season.Ryan Brasier was recalled to fill Sale’s spot on the 25-man roster. Braves’ Ronald Acuna reacts to being pulled from game for not hustling
The Public Ministry also summoned the judge in the case to communicate an international arrest warrant to Interpol Paraguay so that López submits to the process to the open case for production and use of public documents with false content, among other facts investigated.Ronaldinho and his brother are accused by the Prosecutor’s Office for producing official documents with false content, a crime that carries up to five years in prison.The case dates back to March 4, when both entered Paraguay through the Asunción International Airport with manipulated Paraguayan passports.Ronaldinho planned to support a foundation with his image who organized a social assistance program for Paraguayan children and chaired by López, who received them at the airport.López’s lawyers assured that the businesswoman processed Paraguayan passports for Ronaldinho and his brother through a private agency and that he did not know that these were false.Ronaldinho’s defense then argued that both were interested in opening businesses in Paraguay and that they interpreted these passports as a kind of gift. The Prosecutor’s Office On Tuesday, he reiterated to the National Police a search and capture order against Dalia López, the Paraguayan businesswoman who was in charge of the charity project that brought Ronaldinho Gáucho to Paraguay, who is under house arrest for entering the country with a false passport.López is unaccounted for since the arrest a month ago of former Brazilian soccer player Ronaldo de Assis Moreira. and her brother Roberto, who a week ago was granted a house arrest by a judge, who they are serving at a hotel in Asunción.The judge granted that alternative measure after posting bail of $ 1.6 million.The Prosecutor’s Office recalled this Tuesday in a statement that on March 7 he issued a first arrest warrant and that when López failed to appear, he requested a guarantee court to declare her in default.